Thursday, November 13, 2008

Business Card Mock-up

I've been working on some business card mock-ups and this is just an example of one that I liked. I've been having some trouble with VistaPrint because it pretty much mutilates any picture I upload, but I think it has something to do with the resolution. Well here is my first mock-up:

I took out some of my information and replaced it with a fake address and phone number just for now on the blog. I chose the antique map as my sort of "icon" because I've just always loved old maps and I feel it shows my love of history as well as culture. I like to incorporate both of these aspects into fashion when I can, what with my Dutch pottery-inspired Delftwear collection and my last garment that I did for Draping class, which was based on Hellenistic Greek/Egyptian fashion and the designs of Madame Gres. I'm hoping that with the lighter rectangle in the center that it doesn't look too busy. I'm also wondering if I should maybe include a little portrait or fashion plate in the empty space to incorporate more fashion/costume into it, or if I should just leave well enough alone. Below is an example shown with a portrait of Madame de Pompadour (mistress of Louis XIV, King of France) inserted to fill the empty space. Tell me your thoughts.

No comments: