Saturday, September 27, 2008

"Cappucino Break"

The following is a project that I worked on for my flat pattern design class. The goal was to design a cohesive collection of jackets and skirts, and finally create one ensemble. The following are pictures of the jacket I made for the class.

My Target Market:

"This collection will appeal to the woman who likes to indulge in a daily cappuccino. She can spend hours in a café reading a classic novel or just people-watching as long as she has that cup of coffee. She enjoys poetry and art and works at a bookstore or in an art gallery. She lives in the city and enjoys the culture that comes with that lifestyle. She is in her 20s or 30s, but carries a maturity beyond her years. She likes to wear rich, warm colors, just like she likes rich, warm coffee."



My Presentation Board


Front of Jacket



Back of Jacket


Pocket Detail


Lining

The jacket was made out of a silk slub tweed with brown linen piping. The matching skirt (not pictured) has an a-line cut and is made of red linen with brown linen piping and decorative yellow stitching. I was inspired while sketching and drinking a deliciously warm cappucino.

No comments: